Sunday, October 16, 2016

Twitterchat

During this week, I tried Twitter and followed mainly the area #Language Matters, Teaching Language. The area targets all things related to teaching World Language: from events, to intriguing articles, written quotes, and daily updates. I followed Twitterchat at “American Councils” with some topics such as “Make World Language Apart of Every School Day” and “New China”. I followed a Twitterchat from Ms. Mary Risner from University of Florida, about finding innovative ways to teach and learn language and culture, and area studies to prepare students for the global workplace. Ms. Risner tweets 6330, following 1731 and 1279 followers. I really like one Tweetchat: Take this quick easy quiz and if you are living in the right state. There are several teachers posting questions to the chat like “Which U.S State should you be living in? Why?” “What state do you actually belong in?”, “Which of these is your favorite food chain?” I think the questions/answers and some related materials can be used to design student activities in my classroom.


After following the Twitterchat, I think Twitterchat can be helpful for me on professional development to improve teaching second language. Twitterchat allows me to follow some discussions even without participation. I can get some good ideas from the discussions about teaching second language. If I want, I also can jump into Twitterchat to share my thoughts. So, I feel that Twitterchat is a great place to connect and collaborate with other educators to get new ideas and find useful resources for second language teaching and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment